Planet Pokemon
http://pokegraveyard.forummotions.com/forum.htm MOVING TO THERE
Planet Pokemon
http://pokegraveyard.forummotions.com/forum.htm MOVING TO THERE
Planet Pokemon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Soon to be one of the greatest Pokemon Communitys.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Pokémon conspiracies

Go down 
+3
Hawker
Venu
KissKiss
7 posters
AuthorMessage
KissKiss
Pidgey
Pidgey
KissKiss

Pokémon conspiracies Empty
PostSubject: Pokémon conspiracies   Pokémon conspiracies EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 5:06 am

Mind = Blown
---------------
Venomoth and Butterfree's sprites switched?
Quote :
Refer to this helpful figure I've provided: https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img9/2208/pokegate.jpg

Venonat and Venomoth are both purple, yes, but Butterfree is (1) also purple, and (2) the same purple as Venonat. Venomoth is lilac, not violet. Your argument supports the hypothesis. As for the discrepancy between Caterpie and Venomoth--that thing just came out of metamorphosis.

Furthermore: Butterfree shares Venonat's feet, hands, mouth, eyes, and antennae. This is extremely notable considering the fact that Venonat is nothing more than a purple puffball with said features.
Didn't it ever occur to you that Butterfree looks kind of... nasty?
Venomoth, on the other hand, has colored wings that shaped like those of a swallowtail butterfly, the same head structure as Metapod, and the same eyes as Caterpie/Metapod.

I rest my case, sir. Venomoth looks nothing like Venonat, while Butterfree DOES---and vice versa.

The theory, therefore:
Game Freak made a programming mistake when coding Red/Blue, and the sprites got switched. They simply covered up said mistake for convenience, and perhaps recolored all official art to reflect the change in canon.

Pokémon conspiracies Spr_1g_010Pokémon conspiracies Spr_1g_011Pokémon conspiracies Spr_1g_012
Pokémon conspiracies Spr_1g_048Pokémon conspiracies Spr_1g_049

vs.

Pokémon conspiracies Spr_1g_010Pokémon conspiracies Spr_1g_011Pokémon conspiracies Spr_1g_049
Pokémon conspiracies Spr_1g_048Pokémon conspiracies Spr_1g_012

These are the sprites from Green. I figured this would be the best way to compare the evo lines, since it's the original. Personally, the resemblance isn't as striking now. Venonat -> Butterfree is better than Metapod -> Venemoth

Things get even better if you compare their abilities.
Caterpie: Shield Dust -> Metapod: Shed Skin -> Butterfree: Compoundeyes
Venonat: Compoundeyes -> Venomoth: Shield Dust

Butterfree: 60 HP / 45 At / 50 Def / 80 Spc / 70 Spe
Venomoth: 70/65/60/90/90
Venonat: 60/55/50/40/45

So. Mind = blown ?
----------------------------------------------------------------
Flygon family
Quote :
Trapinch ---> Vibrava ---> Flygon
Bagon ---> Shelgon ---> Salamence

now Salamence name is related to Salamander, and Vibrava looks like a Salamander. Also, look at the names. BaGON, ShelGON, FlyGON?
It makes sense, since as Bagon wanted to FLY, it got WINGS and the evo could be FLYgon.

I think they switched names there or something since the colors look alright, etc.
------------------------------------------------------------------
Garchomp-Sharpedo

Pokémon conspiracies Dpmfa319Pokémon conspiracies Dpmfa318Pokémon conspiracies Dpmfa445

Both Garchomp and Sharpedo have a star on their foreheads, Garchomp has Carvanha's coloring, They both have ripped fins and sharp teeth (obviously), etc etc. True, their designs are based on different species, but why is this connection here? Are they implying that they are connected on the (genetic) evolution of species? Ugh. I shouldn't overthink it.
------------------------------------------------------------------
Cubone - Marowak - Kangaskhan
Quote :
Kangaskhan (No. 115) doesn't evolve and is only known as its 'adult' stage. Therefore its baby doesn't have its own species. All other Pokémon look exactly the same, if just smaller as babies, or it's just their pre-evolution.

Pokémon conspiracies Baby-kangaskhan

So what if Cubone is Kangaskhan’s pre-evolution? But in order to evolve into a Kanghaskan it needs a mother's attention. But say if the mother died, the little Cubone would take it's mother's skull as protection, and a bone, then evolve all by itself into a beautiful Marowak.

You may wonder why it doesn't evolve into a Kangaskhan, well Pokémon games are well known for items having an effect. So it's the skull on Cubone that evolves it into Marowak.

Also what about the stomach pouch on Kangaskhan's? Well a Kangaskhan is a female-only species with no male counterpart, however a baby Kangaskhan's gender is not mentioned anywhere. So Cubone's are male baby Kangaskhan's, which is why they don't have a pouch, although if these were to evolve into an adult Kangaskhan, it would become female.

So, what do you think? It's well thought through and actually makes sense... I'd like to believe this is true, and I would love the createor of Pokémon to confirm this theory!
Pokémon conspiracies 1255824562786

Pokémon conspiracies 1251703778039
---------------------------------------------------
Ghostly Cloyster?
Pokémon conspiracies Anime092

Has anyone noticed how they are listed on the pokedex after each other?
Shelder -> Oyster -> Ghastly -> Haunter -> Gengar

Pokémon conspiracies 2zpqsmqPokémon conspiracies Cloyster
Maybe Cloyster dies and turns into Ghastly? Look at the eyes. Look at the core. Look at the shapes of the mouths. I included Gengar just to show you that the teeth evolve properly as well lol. I didn't say they were "identical", but the resemblances are definitely there. They share similar features beyond their basic symmetry.

Mind blown? Or spontaneously combusted.
Back to top Go down
Venu
Elekid
Elekid
Venu

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon conspiracies   Pokémon conspiracies EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 2:19 pm

More of a half mind blown since It could be confusing to other people and it could be more as a good point to others and it would get the confused to want to know what pokemon is what and closely look at the different pokemon to see how they all look.
Back to top Go down
Hawker
Mudkip
Mudkip
Hawker

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon conspiracies   Pokémon conspiracies EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 2:23 pm

Omg I never noticed that Surprised
Back to top Go down
https://planetpoke.darkbb.com
Walshy97
Elekid
Elekid
Walshy97

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon conspiracies   Pokémon conspiracies EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 10:02 am

me niether
Back to top Go down
pikachu10000
Elekid
Elekid
pikachu10000

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon conspiracies   Pokémon conspiracies EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 4:05 pm

I've never noticed that either.
Back to top Go down
Poke25
Totodile
Totodile

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon conspiracies   Pokémon conspiracies EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 5:05 pm

The real reason Missingno appears (quoted from Bulbapedia)

"Missingno. appears due to an oversight in the programming of the Old Man's tutorial in Viridian City on how to catch Pokémon. When the game sets up the battle between the Old Man and a wild Weedle, it needs to change the player's name (temporarily) to "OLD MAN" so that it will display that name, rather than the player's entered name, during the battle.

Due to the limited space in the Game Boy memory, the programmers decided to use the space where data for wild Pokémon found in the grass is stored (which is completely blank in Viridian City; only Surfing and Fishing data is used) to save the player's name temporarily. Normally, this would cause no abnormal activity, as this data is overwritten when the player moves to a different area.

In all cities, however, this data remains blank, and so the data is never overwritten (as there is nothing new to overwrite it with), and thus, the data that was last entered (be it the player's name or the wild Pokémon data from another area) remains in place. This itself still causes no harm; however, an oversight in the programming of the tiles used to denote the shore of an island marks them as equivalent to grass. As all water routes have no real grass on them, likewise, the data is not overwritten, and so whatever data is in the slots for wild Pokémon found in the grass is used, be it the player's name or wild Pokémon found elsewhere, such as the Safari Zone.

The name of the player has six hexadecimal values in it. The game needs only three "slots" of wild Pokémon data to store this.

The species of wild Pokémon the player encounters along the coast are determined by the third, fifth, and seventh characters of the player's name, while their levels are determined by the second, fourth, and sixth characters, respectively. By knowing which letters and symbols correspond to which species and levels, through the use of certain calculators and charts, it is possible to set the name of the player at the start of the game to find specific Pokémon at specific levels. "
Back to top Go down
silverespeon10
Croconaw
Croconaw
silverespeon10

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon conspiracies   Pokémon conspiracies EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 12:55 am

omfg i never noticed that
Back to top Go down
silverespeon10
Croconaw
Croconaw
silverespeon10

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon conspiracies   Pokémon conspiracies EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 1:09 am

but i have noticed something about missingno.
does it strike you that it has many different sprites - L shape form fossil kabutops, fossil aerodactyl, lavender tower ghost, glitchy look in yellow.

why have so many sprites for a glitch pokemon whose type in R/G/B is bird/normal and in Y normal/999 - that can f*** your game up
also:
Though Missingno. cannot usually be traded into Generation II, it will appear to be a G/S/C Pokémon such as Remoraid or Stantler on the trade screen for Gold/Silver/Crystal, depending on its index number. If successfully traded to a Generation II game, it will turn into the Pokémon that the Generation II game called it.
and:
When viewed in Pokémon Stadium, Missingno. will appear as a tiny Rhydon doll (the appearance of a substitute), while in Pokémon Stadium 2, Missingno. will show up as a Ditto, and if the game is saved via Stadium 2, will then become a Ditto permanently. Capturing Missingno. in the Game Boy Tower in Pokémon Stadium 1 may cause the cartridge unable to be played with Pokémon Stadium.

when you encounter missingno. the sprite you battle it depends on your name
normal - through the Old man glitch if G, H, J, M, S, T, :, ], a, b, c, m, o, p, or v is the character in the third, fifth, or seventh slot of the player's chosen name.
fossil aero - throug the old man glitch if character 3, 5, 7 is x
fossil kabutops - through old man glitch if character 3, 5, 7 is w
"yellow" - through the Mew glitch with a special stat of 31, 32, 61, 62, 63, 67, 68, 69 or 86.
ghost - through old man glitch if character 3, 5, 7 is y

so why have so many glitches like 'M and missingno in a game when they can f*** your game up if you do the "stadium" thing - unless those glitches were in the original and they didn't get rid of them unless it put the release dates later then they were - though i'm not about that.
Back to top Go down
Hawker
Mudkip
Mudkip
Hawker

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon conspiracies   Pokémon conspiracies EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 8:29 am

My friend knows a group of hackers that put missingno in Platinum o.o
Back to top Go down
https://planetpoke.darkbb.com
silverespeon10
Croconaw
Croconaw
silverespeon10

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon conspiracies   Pokémon conspiracies EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 12:26 am

i bet it f***ed their games up
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon conspiracies   Pokémon conspiracies Empty

Back to top Go down

Pokémon conspiracies
Page 1 of 1